Membership and Registration 2015/2016
Welcome back to returning members, and a special welcome to anyone that may be considering the Bobcaygeon Curling Club in their future plans.
WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT CURLING?
IT IS A SOCIAL SPORT
Curling is a very social activity, both out on the ice and back in the lounge after the game. Weekly league play as well as bonspiels and other special events during the season provide Club members the opportunity to meet up with old friends as well as make many new ones.
IT IS A FORM OF MANAGEABLE EXERCISE
Curling is as much exercise as you want it to be. It can be a way to develop and maintain your flexibility or it can be a great physical workout ---- it ‘s your choice!
THERE ARE NO AGE LIMITATIONS
Children can begin curling as early as 6 years of age. Our Club has members beyond 80 years of age. Curling is an activity that you can enjoy throughout your entire life and ---- it’s never too late to start!
IT IS EASY TO LEARN
It takes about one hour of instruction for most people to feel comfortable ‘on the ice’. The Bobcaygeon Curling Club provides professional instruction for all members through various curling clinics.
THERE ARE MANY LEVELS OF CHALLENGE
The game of curling can present as much or as little challenge and competition as you are looking for. From weekly league play to high caliber competition with a regular host of planned social events, the Bobcaygeon Curling Club has it all!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who can join the Bobcaygeon Curling Club?
- Membership includes a wide spectrum of individuals from beginners to experienced curlers and from once-a-week curlers to avid enthusiasts
What are some of the benefits of joining the Bobcaygeon Curling Club?
- Clinics are held throughout the year for those wishing to improve their skills. Please see the Events Calendar
- A wide-variety of leagues are available, both competitive and social, for men, women, mixed and seniors. A full description of each league can be found on the Club’s website.
- Curling is a relatively inexpensive winter past-time where one can meet and enjoy people
When does the season begin and end?
- The curling season runs from the second week in October through to the end of March each year
What equipment will I need to get started?
What does a yearly membership cost?
- Far less than most clubs and other sports. Please see the rate details, below.
Can I still join the club even though the season has already started?
- New members are welcome at any time throughout the season.
Are there programs for elementary-aged children?
- There are Youth Programs available including Little Rockers (ages 6-11) and Juniors (ages 12-19)
CURLING FEES FOR THE 2015-16 SEASON
Full Membership: $370 plus the capital assessment of $25 for a total of $395. This
entitles you to curl as often as you would like during the season.
Full Membership – New Member Special: If you have never been a member of the Bobcaygeon Curling Club before, the fee is $274 plus the capital assessment of $25 for a total of $299. This likewise entitles you to participate in league curling as often as you like during the season.
Little Rockers & Junior Memberships (Youth Program): $60.00
(above fees include H.S.T & OCA fees)
Once-a-Week Curling: $275.00 (includes the capital assessment of $25 and HST)
Non-Curling Social Membership: $60.00 (includes HST)
Locker Rental: $30.00 per season (as available) (includes HST)
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2015-16 SEASON
Please click the appropriate Application Form link, below, to access the 2015-2016 Bobcaygeon Curling Club ‘Application Form’. A completed ‘Participant’s Agreement’ must also be completed and forwarded together with the Application Form.